It’s really hard to believe Addison is already 8 weeks old and will hit the 2 month mark next Thursday. Time really has gone fast and her little world is opening up right in front of her big eyes.


This past week, mostly for my own sanity, I tried to maintain a hard and fast “schedule” that looked a little something like this:

  • 6:30 Wake, feed, burp, play (tummy time, dancing, talking)/nap
  • 8:30/9 Wake, feed, burp, swaddle, nap
  • 11 Wake, feed, burp, walk/nap
  • 1:30 Wake, feed, burp, swaddle, nap
  • 3:30/4 Wake, feed, burp, play (tummy time, reading, cooking)/nap
  • 6 Wake, feed, burp, give her to Daddy 🙂
  • 8:30 Wake, feed, burp, swaddle, bed
  • 11/11:30 Lights off diaper change, bottle feed/pump (dream feed), back to sleep

Rinse and repeat.

Thankfully, she seems to have taken to the schedule pretty well. After the first feed, she is SO HAPPY. We have a morning person on our hands!

4 5



What a ham.

After we have our morning play, she has started to give me a very easy-to-distinguish cry. It’s one of those “I’m bored and so annoyed with you but I’m so tired and don’t want to nap yet” cries and then within seconds of rocking and shh-ing, she passes out. I had been avoiding swaddling during the day because they said it doesn’t promote good “body growth” but it’s the only way she’ll nap, so for her morning and afternoon nap, we bust it out.


Just chilling on Mom’s belly.

I think it was Monday that she just refused to nap. We’re talking maybe an hour total before 8pm. That was rough, it’s impossible to get anything done! But now that I have implemented this schedule, she is pretty consistent. I think our favorite time are our walks together.

I have been scheduling in the walks after her mid-morning nap and feed but now that summer is here and there are days where the temps exceed 80 degrees middle of the day, it’s not so smart to take her out in that heat. On Friday, I took her out after her first feed. This sort of makes me sad because we miss out on the early morning happiness, but you gotta do what you gotta do.


My babies.

When I can, I’ll take Riley. But for those of you who know our dog, she walks well until another human being is on the sidewalk or in our case this week, a biker on the prairie path. She proceeded to jerk into the grass while I was holding onto the stroller, causing Addison to go sideways and right into the path of the biker. Thankfully, they were paying attention and went around but the hazard of taking her with was enough to make me nervous and that was the last long walk with Riley.


Early morning walk before the heat hits!

Addison, on the other hand, shines while we’re on walks. She never cries (knock on wood), loves to watch her friends (those dangling things that jingle whenever they move) and consistently falls asleep exactly at the one mile mark. This is a beautiful thing because a) she falls asleep on her own and b) it makes me walk more than one mile every time (haha!).

She has an uncanny sense of when we get back inside though. She’ll be in the deepest of sleeps and I’ll be super quiet opening the door but the second I put the car seat down, those little peepers pop open and she is wide awake again. Oh well. I’ve said it before, she LOVES the outdoors.


Post-workout stretch and recovery outside.

We’ve also managed to get out and about a few times this week. We met a friend for coffee, ventured downtown to watch the Blackhawks game with about 500+ other Lombardians, took oodles of walks, went to church over Father’s Day weekend, headed to Oma and Papa’s for dinner, and even brought dad his lunch that he left at home.


At the Blackhawks viewing downtown.


All in all, she is a great little baby. During the day, she is pretty predictable (this week, anyway) and while we’re out she behaves well. She is still sleeping pretty well. She will almost always fall asleep around 9pm, sometimes earlier and sometimes later. But she sleeps until I wake her for her first feed at 6:30am (except this morning, but 6 out of 7 days I will take!)

I’ve also started amping up the workouts. I didn’t run this week to avoid some healing pains I’ve been having but I am getting very frustrated with my post-baby body. I know the mantras of “don’t rush it” or “it took 9 months to put on, it won’t fall off overnight” but I’m sick of my yoga pants, I’m tired of the same boring oversized tank tops, and I just want to sweat! I decided to do Jillian Michael’s 30 day shred in combination with walking 2 miles a day, at least. Once I start running, those walks will shorten quite a bit.

That being said, I think I will pick up running again next week. I still wake up at night in some pain (weird that it only happens while I’m sleeping) but at this point, the working out outweighs the overnight annoyance. Plus, just getting up out of bed and walking around makes it go away. Weird, no?


Bath time! Sometimes this is good, sometimes this is traumatizing. Today, it was really good. Thank goodness.


Now that we’ve entered into week 9 and almost the 3rd month of life, we can start looking forward to the following milestones!

  • She loves looking at herself in the mirror and helps with communication.
  • Sleeping through the night! We’re pretty much there, already.
  • Lots more neck control and usage of arms and head to push herself up.
  • Hand-eye-coordination continues to improve, roll a ball around and toward babe to get her to hone this skill. We need this if she’s going to be a pro-athlete someday.

Pretty little lady.