How far along? 30 weeks. You heard me, 7.5 months. Wow!
Baby’s size? The size of a head of cabbage or cucumber! She is about 15.2 – 16.7 inches long and weighs right around 3.8 pounds.
- Her skin is getting smoother.
- But her brain is getting wrinklier — to make way for all that essential brain tissue.
- She’s now strong enough to grasp a finger!
Total Weight Gain: Couldn’t say exactly, I don’t really want to look.
Stretch marks? Nope but body butter is my friend.
Sleep: My only “pregnancy symptom” seems to be on and off sleep. I feel rested during the day so, I can’t really complain. I am used to sleeping through the night like the dead but I wake up now 3-4 times to switch sides or get off my back and wake up 1-2 times more to go to the bathroom.
Best moment this week: Lunch with mom! Honestly, it’s been a bit of a downer being back from Florida but we’re trying to stay positive.
Miss Anything? Running woes hit me this week. I have very little motivation as it is to workout because you have to be so much more creative. But, definitely running and my old wardrobe, which is extensively larger than my maternity one.
Movement: The biggest change since Florida…while we were there I noticed she really started to move and groove more but since we’ve been back, she really doesn’t let up. The past 3 days she moves just about 1-2 times every hour or so and come 2:30pm and 10:30pm she goes…well, CRAZY. Thankfully, she doesn’t move much during the night. I have yet to be woken up by her movement, so for that, I am grateful! I noticed this morning was the first morning I’ve felt her kick and punch right away after I woke up. That was new!
Food cravings: Milk. Guess this little gal needs some calcium! And pineapple.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing, praise the Lord!
Labor Signs: Well, it COULD have been Braxton Hicks, I’m not too sure. It was painful, though. I have been told what to expect with BH but this was some intense cramping all across my lower abdomen and eased after about 5 minutes then happened again about an hour later. Context: I ate a ton of pineapple shortly before this happened and apparently pineapple has some crazy weird side effects for pregnant women, especially those further along in their pregnancy (nothing bad, I assure you). One of these symptoms is to prepare your body for labor, but I’ll spare you the details. I’m not worried about early labor but I wonder if the fruit caused it? Either way, I felt something, just no idea what it was!
Symptoms: Thanks for stealing my energy, third trimester. Definitely more tired, oodles of more movement, always going to the bathroom. Thankfully, I have yet to have leg cramps, back pain, indigestion, migraines, nausea, or anything else super awful. No complaints here!
Belly Button in or out? Definitely in still!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: 75% happy, I’d say. Gloomy weather and a really rough Downton Abbey episode put me in the dumps.
Looking forward to: I suppose date night next week with Adam. I am going to make him a killer Valentine’s Day dinner which I’m excited about. Other than that, I am hoping to get our closet shelves installed this weekend and perhaps order the wall decals for the nursery and get those up before we buy the crib!
Third Trimester Thoughts:
(Originally featured on My Food N’ Fitness Diaries)
- In the past week, my stomach feels as it has doubled in size. And I have 10 more weeks of this kind of growth. Where is she going to go?!
- I still have no birth plan. I don’t think I’m going to make a “birth plan” but rather have an ideal birth experience that if crap hits the fan at any point through labor, we toss it out the window and focus solely on getting us both out alive. But seriously, labor is a terrifying thought.
- Please be 6-7 lbs, please don’t be huge, please don’t be huge.
- There is such a thing known as the “Rietveld hunger” and it’s on steroids now that I’m pregnant. FEED ME NOW OR DIE.
- There is also a thing called “no room for food” so after 4 bites I feel like I am going to pop and then totally regret my angry hunger moods. (Sorry Adam)
- Every kick and every punch immediately get me excited. I tried to explain this to Adam, it’s definitely like having a twitch in your eye only a bit stronger and less consistent. I may roll my eyes at her punching my bladder and kicking my ribs, but I secretly am loving every second of this!
- Will she have Adam’s eyes? Will she have my coloring? I hope for nothing else but 10 toes and 10 fingers. Oh, and my curly hair!
- I feel like my belly grew overnight. I so badly wanted my belly to grow so instead of feeling “fat” I would feel “pregnant” but now that the belly is here, I just feel more fat. Funny how that works!
- My secretary told me today I was looking “quite large” – I shoved it back in her face by telling her I felt AMAZING.
- Adam is going to be the BEST daddy. I hope I don’t screw up as a mom.
- We have a name, we have a name, we have a name! And crap, I just found another one I really like.
- I’ll be full term in 5 weeks. We better get that Pack n’ Play with the bassinet feature soon!
- I am ready for midday snuggles instead of midday drags in an office. I think this means I am meant to be a mom.
- I know there is a ton of pressure on pregnant women to breastfeed but women who give formula from the start have healthy babies, too. But I really, really, really hope breastfeeding is in the cards for me and our girl. I keep praying it’ll work but now my prayers have transitioned to “whatever you have in store for us, please give me the understanding” because this is totally out of my hands.
- I miss 2nd trimester. And all the energy.
- I peed 2 seconds ago. Walking away from the bathroom I feel like I need to go again. Grrr.
- I will not compare my weight gain to other pregnant women. I WILL NOT.
- Why in the world do I miss running? I should really memorialize this moment so when I am able to run again, I will remember how desperate I was to simply go out and run a few miles and couldn’t.
- Yes I am pregnant and please, either stop staring or take a picture. And don’t you DARE touch.
- Will I ever sleep again? I think that answer is no.
I can’t help but mention that the east coast is going to be getting HAMMERED with snow today. Adam is super bummed we’re not getting a massive snow storm but stay safe Boston/New Yorkers!!